DEC Virtual Event Best Practices:
Before the Event
- The DEC is utilizing Zoom, a third-party platform, for virtual events. Zoom is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android. It is possible to join the meeting via your browser, but it is recommended you download the application and create a free account prior to the event start.
Registration and Zoom Link
- Once you register for the DEC meeting via eTix, the Zoom meeting URL will be available for you immediately under the ‘Manage Tickets’ tab in your account. Find the meeting and click ‘Print Ticket.’
- You will receive Special Instructions with the Zoom meeting URL the day of the event from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email that is associated with your eTix account.
- Please do not share the Meeting URL since this is an exclusive benefit for DEC members.
During the Event
- Joining: Join the Zoom meeting by clicking the meeting URL or typing in the Meeting ID. You can connect audio via your computer or by dialing in (please note that some events will not have a call-in number provided).
- Video + Microphone:
- Events with National Thought Leaders: Due to the nature of this virtual event, we ask for you to have your camera off and microphone muted.
- Professional Development, Peer Groups and YL CEO Series: Please have your video and microphone ready to participate!
- Speaker or Gallery view: At the top of the Zoom meeting screen, you can pick one of two view options. This only impacts how you view a meeting and the DEC is not responsible for your layout.
- Active Speaker: By default, Active Speaker is the chosen video layout, which the person talking is large on screen.
- Gallery View: The Gallery view brings in every participant on one screen in a grid format.
- Chat Feature: Ask a question of the speaker or chat with your fellow attendees.
- Name: Right click on your image and click ‘Rename’ to share your first and last name, company. This is great for Professional Development, Peer Groups and YL CEO Series.