Young Leader Meeting
YL Professional Development Seminar: Personal Finance for Millennials
About This Meeting
YL Professional Development Seminar – Personal Finance for Millennials
Like many millennials, you may face increased responsibilities including a first mortgage, student loan debt, and parenthood. And like many millennials, it’s hard finding time to learn how to properly manage finances and begin good investing habits.
Yet, while you build your career and family you need to keep an eye on your financial future.
At completion of this seminar, participants will understand:
• What to know when starting a financial plan
• How to develop your own 401(k) strategy
• How millennials use technology for personal finance
• Debt management strategies
• Top ten investment to do’s……and not to do’s!
It’s informative. It will change the way you approach your personal finances…and it’s the professional development you are looking for!
Bonus: Take a tour of The Masonic – a spectacular, historic, architectural marvel built in 1926!
7:45 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
8:30 a.m. Program
12:00 p.m. Adjourn
12:00 - 12:30 p.m. Optional: Tour The Masonic
Welcome (8:30 a.m.)
Debt Management for Millennials – Susan Tompor
• Understanding your Credit and Credit Card Debt
• Debt Management – Student Loans and Mortgages
• Buying Your 1st Home and Setting Up a Budget
What Millennials Should Know When Beginning A Financial Plan – Sam Huszczo
• Not Your Parent's Retirement Landscape: 2017 Demographic Retirement Statistics
• What to Consider When in the Early Stages of Financial Planning
• Long Term Investment Strategy: Developing Your Own 401k Investment Strategy
Networking/Refreshment Break (10:15 – 10:30)
How Millennials Use Technology for Personal Finance – April Rudin
• Current Wealth Management Industry & Career Opportunities
• Robo-Advisors vs. Human Advisor
• Personal Finance Apps for Managing Money, Philanthropic Giving, Payments, etc.
2017 Market Views – David Sowerby
• Top Ten Things to Do…..and NOT to Do When Investing
• Understanding the Language
• Long Term View on Global Markets and Interest Rates
• My Favorite Experts/Firms to Read
• The Glory Days of Investment Management Firms are Largely Over
Masonic Tour (Optional) (12:00 – 12:30 p.m.)