Using the Online Store
- Login to your account. If you are not a member, you will have to set up an account.
- Select the number of tickets you want for any listed event and click “Add to Cart”. You may purchase tickets for multiple events in one order by repeating this process for each event for which you wish to purchase tickets.
- Click on “Checkout” and complete your purchase by entering your credit card information and then clicking “Complete Order”. If you need a receipt from your purchase, go to “Order History”.
- Create/Login to your account. This will automatically place you in our store.
- Place the desired membership in your cart.
- Proceed to checkout and purchase your membership with a credit card.
- Login to your account
- Click “Manage Tickets”
- Click “Print or Assign”
- Click “Assign” and input your guest’s email address and first and last name to assign the ticket. Our ticket system for assigning closes at 3pm the last business day before the meeting so please assign your tickets before that time.
- After placing tickets in cart, go to “Shopping Cart”
- Type promo code into the “Sponsor Code/Promotional Code” box on the left hand side and click “Apply”
- Proceed to “Checkout”
- Login to your account
- Click on My Account
- Update all out-dated or incomplete boxes
Yes, non-members may attend at the rate of $75 per person. We encourage you to come and see what the DEC is all about. For information about membership, please go to DEC Membership.
The DEC holds approximately 35 meetings per year. Our speaking season generally runs from August through June. For the most up-to-date schedule, visit our current season lineup.
The DEC schedules meetings at various venues throughout the Southeastern Michigan area.
Business attire is recommended for all DEC meetings.
Yes, however members, their spouses and guests receive discounted rates for meetings. The per-meeting cost for members is $45, for guests $55 and for non-members $75. Ticket cancellations must be made at least two business days prior to the meeting to receive a refund.
Most DEC meetings are luncheons, with an occasional breakfast, brunch or evening meeting. We pride ourselves on a punctual agenda for each meeting.
Student Reception – 11:00 a.m. ET
DEC Network Cafe – 11:30 a.m.
Speaker Reception – 11:30 a.m.
Lunch – 12:00 p.m.
Program – 12:35 p.m.
Audience Q & A – 1:15 p.m.
Adjourn – 1:30 p.m.
You may bring an unlimited number of guests to Detroit Economic Club meetings at the guest member rate. We encourage it! Be sure to take advantage of the Network Café before each meeting.
Gold members may also invite two guests to accompany them to the Speaker Reception on most occasions.
This pre-meeting reception is reserved exclusively for DEC Board of Directors, Gold and Life Members and their guests. Eligible members are allowed to bring up to two (2) guests to the speaker reception on most occasions.
DEC Board of Directors, Gold and Life Members have the opportunity to sit at the head table upon request during DEC meetings. Eligible members may request seating at the head table after purchasing a ticket by clicking “Manage Tickets”. Click on “Print or Assign” and you will automatically be asked if you want to sit at the head table.
DVDs may be purchased for $25 directly from Lawrence Technological University by calling 248-204-3020 or emailing email@example.com