Professional Development Seminar: Reframing Resistance
About This Meeting
Session: Reframing Resistance
At a time when continuous change is the new normal; it’s more important than ever that leaders have the right understanding, approach and tools to guide their teams.
5 – the number of enterprise changes the average organization has undergone in the past three years
73% – the percent of organizations that expect more change initiatives over the next few years
Source: Gartner Insights
Managers need to understand how to leverage their people to successfully lead and implement change. Unsuccessful change initiatives can result in decreased morale, strained internal resources, increased turnover and even negative impacts to the bottom line.
In this session, leaders learn how to recognize different types of resistance and the actions required to turn it into something positive.
In a highly-interactive session, DEC members will learn:
- How to leverage behavioral observation and data to uncover resistance
- How to identify and manage active and passive resistance
- How to use a three-step process to apply techniques to evolve negativity or skepticism to advocacy
We will also discuss:
- Stages of change people experience and the leader practices to move people forward positively during change
- Root causes of resistance
7:30 a.m. Breakfast & Networking
8:00 a.m. Program
10:15 a.m. Adjourn