Terrific Learning Opportunities for High School and College StudentsThe Detroit Economic Club’s Student Program offers the region’s high school and college students exciting opportunities to learn. Each year, 1,600 students attend DEC meetings and also participate in a Q&A Session with guest speakers at a student-only reception. The Club’s Financial Education Seminar teaches students basic personal financial management skills and the DEC Career Readiness Academy is designed to mentor students with career preparation. All programs provide unparalleled experience for students to engage in thoughtful discussion with today’s local and national leaders and DEC members.
- Strong scholastic performance and academic honors received
- Exemplary leadership and character as demonstrated by extra-curricular activities, service in school and community, volunteer involvement and paid work experience
- Special consideration is given to students who have overcome hardships to achieve their personal and educational goals
- Family economic need
- Career Exploration
- Career Economics & Realities
- Personal Brand
- Sell Yourself
- Graduation @ a DEC Meeting
Individuals or organizations may sponsor a student table for a tax-deductible donation of $450. For their contribution, sponsors receive recognition at the meeting and the opportunity to take a photo with the speaker and the students. The photo is distributed to the sponsor and schools to be published in their community outreach publications.
To sponsor a school please email Matt Valant at email@example.com