Virtual Professional Development Seminar: DON’T TAKE YES FOR AN ANSWER: Using Authority, Warmth, and Energy to Get Exceptional Results
About This Meeting
An Exclusive Virtual Event for DEC Members Only
DON’T TAKE YES FOR AN ANSWER: Using Authority, Warmth, and Energy to Get Exceptional Results
According to Steve Herz, we respond more positively to people who have the ability to make a deep human connections. To stand out and excel, to get the attention of those who will help you move up, protect you during lean times, or compete for your talent, you need to perfect your AWE (Authority, Warmth, and Awe).
Herz will outline the three key communication strategies that determine one’s “connectability”– the Authority you exhibit, the Warmth you convey, and the Energy you exude and bring out in others (your AWE).
In DON’T TAKE YES FOR AN ANSWER, Herz shows that upping your AWE is not necessarily about bringing down the house giving the most rousing speech at a wedding, meeting or company retreat. Rather, it’s about tweaking, shifting, improving weaknesses, and swapping out habits so you become more compelling, more confident, and more respected.
Participants in this seminar will learn:
- To stop accepting the (likely overblown) praise they receive – the “yes” – and escape mediocrity by seeking out an honest assessment of what they need to improve.
- Where they are falling short, and learn time-tested rules and advice for how to improve their AWE.
- Real-life examples of when you have AWE and when you don’t.
- How different actions, words, body language, and habits help people win clients, get promoted, and reach a celebrated status in their life and profession.
Purchase Don’t Take Yes for an Answer: Using Authority, Warmth, and Energy to Get Exceptional Results on Amazon to learn more before or after the seminar.
To Access the Zoom Meeting URL Once You RSVP:
- Under your eTix account, visit the ‘Manage Tickets’ tab. Find the event name and click ‘Print Ticket’. You should see all the meeting details on the right-hand side.
- We will send Special Instructions to the email on file with the Zoom Meeting URL the day before the event as well.
New to Zoom? Click here for DEC Virtual Event Best Practices.
10:00 a.m. Program
11:00 a.m. Adjourn