About This Meeting
Join us for a member-only benefit at no charge: DEC Member Peer Groups!
The DEC has partnered with Willis Towers Watson who will expertly facilitate peer group conversations throughout the year.
Network with like-minded members, sharpen professional skills, share best practices, discuss trends and timely field-related topics and build your DEC network through small, facilitated peer groups centered around your profession.
January’s discussion will focus on:
- Inflation – effect on interest rates, wage increases, and corporate earnings
- Covid and supply chain – implications on employers, markets, economy
- Latest legislation and regulatory updates in the works
Registration: RSVP Required through eTix for DEC Members Only per group (Please no guests)
Missed the previous Peer Groups? No worries, you can still attend!
Please Note: Participation in previous Peer Groups does not guarantee a spot, please RSVP through eTix.
UBS Financial Services Inc.
With 35 years of experience providing investment counsel to high net worth clients, J.R. has built a career of providing objective, conflict of interest-free advice to families in order to help manage risk and grow their wealth. Both his undergraduate and graduate degrees are in Finance and Economics from Western and Central Michigan Universities. J.R. was named a Barron’s Top 1000 Financial Advisor during the Great Recession in 2008.
He has been involved with the Detroit Economic Club for many years and sits on several committees.
Melissa Mayea, FSA, EA
Willis Towers Watson
Melissa Mayea is a director in the Retirement business in WTW’s Detroit office. She has 17 years of benefits consulting experience.
Melissa consults in the areas of pension plan funding, accounting for pension and other postretirement benefits plan and pension plan design. She has also led, consulted on and project managed pension de-risking and financial wellbeing projects.
Many Thanks To:
To Access the Zoom Meeting URL Once You RSVP:
- Under your eTix account, visit the ‘Manage Tickets’ tab. Find the event name and click ‘Print Ticket’. You should see all the meeting details on the right-hand side.
- We will send Special Instructions to the email on file with the Zoom Meeting URL the day before the event as well.
Click here for DEC Virtual Event Best Practices.
9:00 a.m. Discussion
10:00 a.m. Adjourn