Virtual Professional Development Seminar: Mitigate Unconscious Bias
About This Meeting
An Exclusive Virtual Event for DEC Members Only
Creating a Culture of Inclusion (A Three-Part Diversity & Inclusion Series)
Session: Mitigate Unconscious Bias
Mitigate Unconscious Bias, the second workshop of a three-part series, will offer you foundational knowledge, applications, and real examples of decision-making bias and its impact on business. Empirical research has shown that unconscious bias can have an enormous impact in the workplace and can cause people to unintentionally favor some groups— often ones that are like them—over others. This can lead to differences in who gets hired and recruited, who gets offered new opportunities, and whose voice is listened to. Understanding and mitigating the impact of unconscious bias is a crucial 21st-century global inclusive leadership skill.
- Define inclusion, bias, and unconscious bias.
- Understand unconscious bias and how it leads to decision-making bias in the workplace.
- Identify strategies to mitigate biases and create a more inclusive environment.
Please note that this is a Zoom meeting and no call-in will be provided. The session will include two short breakouts.
To Access the Zoom Meeting URL Once You RSVP:
- Under your eTix account, visit the ‘Manage Tickets’ tab. Find the event name and click ‘Print Ticket’. You should see all the meeting details on the right-hand side.
- We will send Special Instructions to the email on file with the Zoom Meeting URL the day before the event as well.
New to Zoom? Click here for DEC Virtual Event Best Practices.
10:00 a.m. Program
11:00 a.m. Adjourn